Thursday, February 2, 2012

Career Goal

Ever since high school had ended for me in '08, I knew I wanted to do events. It took me a while to decide which industry I wanted to specifically work in - whether it be in music and entertainment or fashion.

I've always had a 'passion for fashion' and have always loved concerts and gigs. Hence why I wanted to be a part of the operational side of the events.

I've had experience in both fields - interning at a front of house fashion agency that deals with Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, as well as volunteer work with plenty of music festivals. From these experiences, I was able to get my foot in the door and gain as much experience in both industries.

I've come to the conclusion that I want to primarily focus more on fashion, rather than music, as I love fashion and the environment of it all.

My career plans always change as time passes but ever since 2010, I already set myself a goal to partake in an international internship in fashion events and fashion marketing once my degree has ended. However, as time changes, I've also considered studying an extra 6 months at The Fashion Institute once my degree ends to gain a little bit more knowledge and to also gain more networking contacts before I study abroad.






No comments:

Post a Comment